Denham Court is a suburb of Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia located 44 kilometres south-west of the Sydney central business district, in the local government areas of the City of Campbelltown and City of Liverpool. It is part of the Macarthur region.
The area is most well known for its luxurious properties, including a colonial era compound from which the suburb takes its name. (wikipedia)
Denham Court was named after the 500 acres (200 ha) land grant of Richard Atkins, in 1810. Gowan Place honours Gowan Flora Macdonald, while McCormack Place notes an early family in the district. Streets of Denham Court which are actually located in Liverpool Council area, such as Springmead Drive, Culverston Avenue and Pembury Close recall the names of early farms, while Cubitt Drive and Cassidy Street note pioneer land-holders such as William Cassidy and Daniel Cubitt.
Denham Court Post Office opened on 1 May 1862 and closed in 1882. (wikipedia)
Places of Interest
No Data Uploaded